TumbleBooks’ databases are easy to use, and feature unlimited access from home! Read as many books as you want, when you want, and on any device. There are no check-outs, holds, or bulky downloads. Books are available instantly.
Hi, everyone! So we are closed for the time being and like many of you, we are at home, keeping healthy and trying to stay sane. Miss Mary is going to read a picture book every Monday and Wednesday at 10:15AM, and then host a full Story Time on FB Live on Fridays at 10:15AM, and Miss Jill is going to read a book out loud on FB Live, every day at 2:00PM.
Here is a link to the FB Live read alouds and storytimes: https://www.facebook.com/MerrillMemorialLibrary/live/
Here are some other great resources for doing things during this time of at-home quarantine:
LOOKING FOR RESOURCES for Diverse Books?
- American Indians in Children’s Literature: Dr. Debbie Reese has a fantastic site the offers critical analysis of Indigenous peoples in children’s and young adults books. This is the link to the Best Books page.
- First Nations Development Institute Book List
- We Need Diverse Books, Book Finder
Early Literacy Programming
- Baby Bounces & Books: Fridays at 10:15 a.m.
- Tales for Twos: Fridays at 11:00 a.m.
- Preschool Tales & Tunes: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
Picture Book Area:
- Preschool Fiction and non-fiction illustrated storybooks
- Early-reader books
- Board books
Juvenile Chapter Book Area:
- Fiction and non-fiction books (including Maine Book Award titles)
- Graphic novels
- Audio Books – CD
- Children’s Music – CD
- Movies/Children’s TV shows -DVD
- We now have a collection of multiple copy books to lend students for book groups