Summer Reading Blastoff!
Summer Reading Kickoff Party
Friday, June 21, 10:30 a.m. – noon
Come kick off this summer’s Universe of Stories summer reading program with a party!
Make slime in Jill’s galactic slime lab. Maegan will have sensory bottles for babies. PIzza will be served around noon.
Tail Waggin’ Tales
Fridays 3:45. Registration required.
This popular program that allows children learning to read to practice by reading aloud to one of our volunteer therapy dogs this May. The dogs are good listeners, and they won’t interrupt or correct the reader. It has been proven that, over time, therapy dog literacy programs help boost the reader’s self-confidence and improve overall reading and communication skills.
Early Literacy Programming
- Baby Bounces & Books: Fridays at 10:15 a.m.
- Tales for Twos: Fridays at 11:00 a.m.
- Preschool Tales & Tunes: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
Picture Book Area:
- Preschool Fiction and non-fiction illustrated storybooks
- Early-reader books
- Board books
Juvenile Chapter Book Area:
- Fiction and non-fiction books (including Maine Book Award titles)
- Graphic novels
- Audio Books – CD
- Children’s Music – CD
- Movies/Children’s TV shows -DVD
- We now have a collection of multiple copy books to lend students for book groups