Merrill Memorial Library in Yarmouth is seeking applicants for the position of Substitute Librarian.
This is a part-time, as-needed position that accommodates both short and long term staff absences.
Requirements: Post-secondary degree and experience in an automated library setting.
Applicants should possess:
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of providing library services to adults and/or youth in public libraries
- Familiarity with information sources and literature relevant to adult and/or youth patrons; and trends and issues in the field
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including problem-solving and flexibility
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Proficiency with automated library systems and other computer applications
- Proficiency with online search tools and strategies
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Merrill Memorial Library
215 Main Street
Yarmouth ME 04096
Attn: Heidi Grimm