Most materials can be borrowed for up to 3 weeks from the checkout date. Exceptions will be noted on the item. Notable exceptions are:
- Video discs: 1 week
- Book Club Books: 2 weeks
- By default, we do not save a record of your checkout history. You can opt-in to have your history available by logging into My Library Account on the online catalog. The history will begin when you opt-in and be deleted if you opt-out.
- You can also view your current checkouts via My Library Account.
- Receipts of your current checkouts with their due dates are also available at the Circulation Desk. They also make great bookmarks.
- All material is eligible to renewed once, unless another patron has placed the item on hold.
- Materials may be renewed online by logging into My Library Account, in person, or by calling the library during regular business hours. When calling, please have your bar code number on hand to facilitate the process.
- Holds can be requested in-person, over the phone, or online.
- To place a hold online, visit the online catalog at https://minerva.maine.edu/.
- Once you have located a title of interest, click on the title to bring up the item’s record.
- Click the Request button (near the top, below the blue bar) and enter your name and card number.
- If your search yields no results, you can also try searching outside our network by clicking the Search MaineCat option at the top of your search results.
- When a reserved material becomes available, you will receive and email or a phone call to let you know that the item can be picked up.
- All held materials will be available at the front desk for up to 7 days.
- We are no longer collecting fines on late returns.
- If an item has not been returned within 45 days of the due date, it will be assumed lost and you will be billed for the cost of the item. Once returned, all fines will be waived.
- The cost of the item will be charged on Lost or Damaged materials. Any overdue fines will be erased.
- Interlibrary Loan items that have been Lost or Damaged the charges accrued are determined by the originating library.
- At this time we are not equipped to accept credit cards. We accept cash or check. Checks may be made payable to: Merrill Memorial Library.