Youth & Young Adult Events
Dangerous Thinking Club
If you’re a teen who likes to think and read and discuss, please join Mrs. O’C on the third Friday of the month from 3-4 PM. We meet in the Library garden. Each month we will set the next month’s topic and pick the book we’ll read.
Third Friday each month during the school year. Our Summer meetings are Friday, June 25, 2021 and July TBD.
Go here to register or email Jill O’Connor (email@example.com) for more info.
Grades 8 & up
Here is a link to the FB Live read alouds and storytimes: https://www.facebook.com/MerrillMemorialLibrary/live/
Here are some other great resources for things to distract you from the events of the world:
A YouTube channel of authors giving short book talks of their latest work.
PLIX Urban Ecology Online, a set of videos on YouTube of ecologists providing activities for getting out and exploring the natural world.
Critical Role, an online show featuring seven popular voiceover actors diving into epic Dungeons & Dragons adventures, led by veteran game master Matthew Mercer.
Audiosync from AudioFile: A free summer audiobook program for teens 13+ using Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive. Each week, AudioFile releases two new young adult audiobooks to listen to for free. Register on their site with an email address.
Interested in writers? This podcast might be for you
Check out these links if you’re stumped by what to read next
- Good Reads, a great site for tracking what you are reading and for finding new books to read based on what you have read and liked.
- Cloud Library, find downloadable audio and e-books for almost every device.
- Young Adult Library Association, extensive lists of award winners in all Young Adult categories, past and present.
- No Flying No Tights, reviews of graphic novels and comics.
- mr.schureads.blogspot.com, book reviews, videos about books, and interviews with authors. Great for all ages and reading levels.