Join us for our upcoming Senior Seminar Lecture Series, co-sponsored by MML and PACES! Our first event is April 30 from 10 am to noon about Aging in Place Options / Alzheimer’s Education:
* Interior/Exterior Re-design, Senior Downsizing, Accessible & Barrier-Free Homes – Universal Designz –Lynne Maxfield-Cole
*Improving Quality of Life for Your Loved Ones with Alzheimer’s, Get help and Resources in your Local Area – Alzheimer’s Association Maine Chapter – Peter Baker
*“You don’t know what you’re missing if you don’t move with Bisson” – Bisson Moving & Storage – Keith Koehler,
For the full schedule of events, click here.
Representatives from Yarmouth Lions Club make a $4000 donation to MML.
The money was given in memory of Joan Wilber Goddard, and used to purchase furniture for the study room given in Joan’s honor.
President Jess Hyde, and Vice President Terry Buck of the Yarmouth Volunteer Fire Rescue Association presented Merrill Memorial Library Director Heidi Grimm with a new Automatic External Defibrillator. This defibrillator was funded and donated entirely by the members of the association and will be available in the beautifully renovated 3rd floor area. The addition of this life saving device will compliment the AED already in place near the first floor main desk.
Read the MML 2014 Annual Report
eBooks from your Library
Maine InfoNet has made a number of eBooks available for library users. Go to download.maineinfonet.org for more information. MML has three eReaders (Barnes & Noble Nook, Amazon Kindle, and Sony Reader Pocket Edition) available for patrons to see while in the library. Please ask at the Information Desk on the 2nd floor if you are interested in seeing one. Click here for guides to downloading ebooks onto specific devices.
What will you read next?
If you’ve discovered a book that you like and are looking for something similar, try the following web sites for ideas:
- whatshouldireadnext.com This site lists other titles by the same author as well as books that you may like within the same genre.
- gnooks.com This site offers an interesting “Map of Literature” as well as suggestions of similar authors.
- GoodReads This site offers users a bookshelf to organize books they are currently reading as well as books to be read.
- NextReads This site offers users the chance to sign up for a weekly newsletter of reading suggestions in their favorite reading generic social posteric social poster