Monthly Monday Matinee
The Monthly Monday Matinee on November 25 will be The Art of Racing in the Rain. It starts at 1pm in Lewis Hall on the third floor of the library.
Free and open to the public.
Thursday, November 21, 2019. 7:00 p.m.
Join us for a discussion of The Friend by Sigrid Nunez.
We will meet on the third Thursday this month instead of the fourth.
This event is free and open to the public.
- Non-fiction (including special sections on Gardening, Interior Design, Home, Cooking, Travel, and recently purchased titles)
- Fiction (including new best-sellers)
- Audio Books on CD (fiction and non-fiction)
- Movies and Television on DVD
- Large-Print Books
- Periodicals (over 70 titles ranging from news commentary to popular interest)
- Newspapers (Portland Press Herald, Boston Globe, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post)
What will you read next?
If you’ve discovered a book that you like and are looking for something similar, try the following web sites for ideas:
- whatshouldireadnext.com This site lists other titles by the same author as well as books that you may like within the same genre.
- gnooks.com This site offers an interesting “Map of Literature” as well as suggestions of similar authors.
- GoodReads This site offers users a bookshelf to organize books they are currently reading as well as books to be read.
- NextReads This site offers users the chance to sign up for a weekly newsletter of reading suggestions.