Home access during coronavirus pandemic. The world’s most popular consumer online genealogy resource is available to use in Maine public libraries. This collection holds billions of records in census data, photos, directories, vital records, and more. Video tutorial from Niche Academy.
Jan. 28, 2021: The Vanishing Half, by Brit Bennett
New Program from our Youth Services/Children's librarians. Join us on Wednesdays in November at 1PM.
Wildlife and Landscape Photography
|Curbside pickup every day|
|Open with limited occupancy||Tu, Th & Sat|
|Monday||11am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||11am - 6pm|
|Wednesday||11am - 6pm|
|Thursday||11am - 5pm|
|Friday||11am - 5pm|
|Saturday*||10am - 1pm|
Our Covid-19 Rules
- Do not come to the Library if you feel sick or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Only Merrill Memorial Library card holders may enter the building.
- Only 10 people will be allowed in the building at one time.
- Patrons are encouraged to limit the number of people they bring in the Library. Parents should monitor and control children’s movements in the Library.
- Have your Library Card with you for no-contact check out.
- Face coverings over mouth and nose are required in the Library at all times.
- Maintain a 6 foot space between yourself and other patrons.
- Return all materials to the book drops.
- No food or drink in the Library.
- Limit your stay to 30 minutes.
- Computer use is limited to 30 minutes.
COVID Task Force
The Yarmouth Community Coronavirus Task Force is still ready with information and resources.
Need groceries, information, resources, or a person to talk to?
Call 207-846-4763 (the library’s phone number).
All calls will be returned within 24 hrs.
Visit the group on Facebook.
kanopy and flipster — streaming videos and magazines
Kanopy is a video streaming service for public libraries and universities. Stream any of the roughly 30,000 feature films, documentaries, foreign, and classic films to your computer, mobile device, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Firestick. Every cardholder gets 5 streaming credits per month. Kanopy Kids and Great Courses material does not count against your credits. Cardholders with fines of more than $25 will not be able to sign up.
See Kanopy’s support page for answers to common problems, such as how to set up on various streaming devices.
Flipster is a digital magazine service. Merrill Memorial Library now subscribes to 16 digital magazines in addition to our regular print magazines. Some of the digital titles we will carry are familiar, like the New Yorker, Sports Illustrated, Real Simple, and Vogue; other titles are new but cover subject matter similar to what you’ll find in our print collection, like Dwell, Food Network Magazine, Mother Jones, Newsweek, and Prevention.
You can read these magazines on your computer or smartphone, but the experience of reading on an iPad, Kindle Fire, or Android tablet is best. Download the Flipster app to use it on a tablet.
Answers to frequently asked questions available in this PDF.
Can’t find it in the catalog?
Are you searching for a book that you are unable to find? Perhaps the book is brand new, and none of the libraries have a copy of it yet. You can still request it.
Fill out this form with as much information about the book as you know, include your name, card number, and your email address or phone number, and we will consider purchasing it for the library. You will be the borrow it if we do.